Monday, July 30, 2007

Batuta Kelong - Pulau Mapor

This feature is dedicated to my old boating buddy Philip Seow. (pictured far right) It was taken during one of our many visits to Batuta Kelong at Pulau Mapor. The resort was built & run by Richard, a Singaporean with a passion for carpentry and the rustic seafarers life. Featured here are my fishing & boating kakis in the 1990s from left, Alfred Heng who now resides in Perth, Jon Lum who runs his own Nautical School, Supra who's still in the Army (& probably will be for life), me and Philip Seow. Those were the days when diesel was 28 cents a litre and fishing kakis met every weekend and day dreamed about fishing during the weekdays. Friends, those days are back. Happy days are here again...

1 comment:

kairos said...

I have a last video of phillip seow when he was boating with us from Mersing before he was diagnosed with Cancer, good guy that was called back by the Lord.I will post a video of him on my youtube link at www.youtube.com/watzhott
Roy Soeigiarto

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...