Monday, July 30, 2007

Alex Yip, Seasoned Angler

Mr Alex Yip, rarely comes back with an empty cooler box; its usually full of quality fish. He certainly qualifies to be in "The Old Man & the Sea" category. It was a rare occassion for me to meet up with Alex onboard his Grand Banks 36' My mission was simple, to ask Alex for the many fishing spots he kept in his trusted NavMan Chartplotter. Alex was generous to a tee. He gave me 20 hot spots. Last Saturday 28 July, I fished at one of the spots. At 2230hrs, under a full moon, SW of St John's Island, 01 12.970N 103 50.867E, we landed a 1.5kg Kachi drifting over that spot. The bait used was frozen kelong squid bought from a fishing tackle shop opposite Yishun MRT & run by an enthusiast angler name Henry. The bottom was coral & rock. My business buddy Cedric Chan caught the fish using an apollo rig in 105feet of water. Thank you Alex, I owe you one buddy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Captain Log!

Alex's daughter here, Eva! Thanks for the blog entry about my dad. Hahaha it was a nice and refreshing journey here. Thank you! =)

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...