Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Smith Marine Seafood Restaurant Kelong off Ubin

Recently I revisited Smith Marine Seafood Restaurant for dinner. As usual I would visit the Kelong Restaurant on a Yacht. Good thing I arrived there at about 6.30pm. I was shocked when the staff politely told me that they close at 7pm; government law she said. What!!! That must be one of the most stupid laws, I've ever heard. They actually we forced to close at 7pm because of safety reasons... What!!! I haven't heard of a more ridiculous ruling. I couldn't breathe...


Whoever owns and operate this Floating Seafood Restaurant I thank them for having the innovation and guts to set this up. It breaks the monotony of city. Getting out for fresh sea-breeze especially for the kids is a welcome activity. Better than being cooped up playing computer games at home. So what in the world justified the authorities closing them at 7pm? I had dinner there a year ago till about 10pm with family and friends. It was a wonderful dinner gathering. The sea-food was lovely and reasonably priced. I need to find out why the ruling as a customer and advocate of a healthy boating lifestyle in restrictive Singapore.  








No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...