Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pulau Bawah, Anambas Islands

When the boating season starts again in March/April, I should be heading to Pulau Bawah; 40nm shy of the popular Anambas Islands. Apparently Bawah is stunningly beautiful with plenty of fish life and live corals. It is 141nm from Nongsa Point Marina, where we clear immigration and customs before heading straight for Bawah. We will have to watch the fuel as the nearest fuelling station is at Pulau Siantan in Anambas. The boat I'll be onboard has a range of 288nm at 25knots SOA (Speed of Advance) so we should be fine. From my experiences in the South China Sea, April and May are the calmest months for offshore journeys in a small boat.


We'll I better start getting my dive and fishing gears in order before April.

No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...