Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Boat Handling Training for New & Seasoned Boaters

I love boats and I love handling them. I am comfortable handling any boat from 8 feet to 300 feet. Sometimes I think the larger the vessel, the easier it is to handle them. Hence when I has the opportunity to train new boat owners to handle all aspects of their boat, I jump at the opportunity to spend time coaching them and at the same time, enjoy the boat. It has been my desire to have the pleasure of handling every pleasure vessel in Singapore. I just enjoy the activity immensely. I am also glad that many new yachts come with both Bow & Stern Thrusters nowadays, even small 36 footers. It is so much more boat handling friendly and new owners only need a few lessons to build confidence in handling their new toy.

Coming aboard for the first time & meeting the owner

Making boating fun is first priority

Briefing before the Sea Training Sortie

Disconnecting the shore cable as part of the Pre Sailing Checks

Starting the generator & turning on the circuit breakers 

The view from the Berth. Learning how to slip of the berth first
       

No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...