Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Marlow 57E

If there's a Yacht that I'm really delighted to have, it has to be the Marlow 57E. I've always liked Trawlers and I'm definitely no longer thrilled by speed. I actually prefer to cruise along at 12 knots and enjoy the journey. The slower the speed of advance, the less the damage to machinery and the more comfortable the ride. If I were to cruise to Tioman for Instance, I would plan to spend the whole of the first day to get there and do nothing else. There will be no more rushing and bashing waves for me. Once at the destination, I would prefer to stay no less than a week and just explore that one Island. I may be tempted to visit Pu Pemanggil and Pu Aur on the way back which is okay as they are along the journey back to Singapore. One factor, I will monitor closely now would be the weather. If the winds are blowing and the seas over 1meter, I would delay journeying back till the weather calms down. I've more time on my hands now and see no need to rush. As a consequence, I no longer have a passion for fast yachts and will no longer want to make long passages on small boats. Slamming waves head-on has to be a thing of the past for me.
Here's a video I've kept and still love watching from time to time.











No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...