Monday, September 4, 2017

The need to go out to sea

Man shall not live by bread alone. Neither should we live life just to work. I have been extremely occupied with work the past 8 months. That being out of necessity to put bread on the table but makes for an unhealthy unbalanced life. Responsibility is the motivation behind my preoccupation not so much a higher desire to move up the ladder of fame and fortune.

In any case, I felt I was missing out on a balanced life and decided to push myself to go out to sea again; even for a few hours of fishing or just plain cruising around. The unplanned trip was absolutely refreshing. Ahh!! how I miss being at sea on a boat away from the madding crowd.

Drift fishing off Pempang North Cardinal Mark

Low maintenance, high performance fishing machine, the Grady White
David with a Queen Fish caught on No 16 Jig Hooks 

  

No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...