Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Grady Tiger Cat 18 years old and still going strong

Eleven years ago, a friend of mine bought a used Grady Catamaran, modeled as the Tiger Cat. It was Grady White's entry into multi-hulls. It was also to be the last time they built a Cat. Shortly after the introduction of the Tiger Cat, Grady decided to halt production of Catamarans and stick to mono hulls. A decision that remains till this day. I often wondered why. After having used the Tiger Cat, the last 11 years, I am convinced beyond any doubt that this 26 foot Grady with twin 150HP  Outboards, handles the chops far better than the Grady mono hulls; especially in head seas. So I am surprised they didn't expand the Cat range instead.  Anyway, I'm sold on the Grady Cat. Its one hull of a boat.

The Tiger Cat at RSYC where she is based 

The Boat Owner and his excited kids

A much healthier lifestyle away from computers and TV

1 comment:

Micheal Alexander said...

Your website is very beautiful or Articles. I love it thank you for sharing for everyone. Used grady-whites

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...