Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Joy of Giving

Giving to the Orphanage for Blind Children in Bali

They danced & sang for us at the orphanage, and never once indulged in self-pity
It has been sometime since I visited the orphanages that Five-Star Legacy supports in Indonesia. Ironically it was the children at the orphanages that taught us much more than we could have taught them. I had anticipated that they would be shy, indifference and non engaging. I was totally wrong. They were full of enthusiasm to receive us visitors and were spontaneous with their smiles, laughter and mischief throughout the visit. We felt immediately at home. They taught me a lot about the human spirit in the face of disadvantage and struggle. They were simply joyous and void of any inhibitions associated with forced regimentation. They were loved and love does change everything.

No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...