Sunday, October 7, 2007

I finally got back from a long work trip in the US.
Time to fish, I told myself when I got back. We took the Grady TigerCat to the inlet at Sultan Shoal Lighthouse and spent the whole afternoon at a popular spot. Score: 2 juvenile snappers & 1 Queenie. Not a thrilling result. But then a though struck me. I should be catching fish that are there and not hoping for the ones that are long gone. Let me explain. There are plently of small selars at buoys moored at the 10-20 meter sounding line and at the Rigs off Tuas. I have no problem catching those. Its fun too. There are also pleantly of small reef fish off the Southern Islands, I should also start specializing in that field. Too often I wait for that big one to be hooked only to be disapointed. So on the next trip in S'pore, I'll check out who's eating the bait fish and look for new reef spots off the beaten track. As for the big ones, I'll leave that till the Tioman trip. Till then....

No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...