Monday, February 18, 2019

Gratitude



Grateful to be alive and grateful to have lived a fabulous fun filled life. This picture was taken on a friend's boat off Port Blair (Andaman Islands) in 1999. I was technically bankrupt and was facing a mountain of debt as a result of the Asian Financial crisis. This fishing trip opened my mind. I became a salesman and made enough commissions selling health supplements to pay the bank and get my life back. I never though I would make it, but I did. I thought I was finished,but the end never came. Sometimes you just gotta forget all the troubles for a while and change the scenery. I did and I'm glad the outcome turned out well...... Today, 20 years later, I'm debt free and own my own home. I may never be "rich" but I'm grateful for the food on the table each day and a strong roof over my head. My family is happy and content.         





No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...