Thursday, August 9, 2007

Taking out the Viking

I finally got the opportunity to drive the Viking from Raffles Marina to 1Deg15. She had been berthed at RML the past 10 years and had recently made the 30 hour journey from Jakarta to S'pore. This 60 footer looks big from the outside and feels enormous on the inside. I could not resist climbing up the tuna tower to take a look. Wow! it was so high up, the weather was a tad cooler there. This is one mean fish fighting machine indeed. As soon as we left RML, we felt the full brunt of the southerly winds. It had been blowing the past 3 days and we were experiencing white horses just off Tuas. The toque from her 2,000+HP engines pushed her through high winds & waves like a bulldozer through soft mud. If I had the Viking, I would take her to Aur and spend 2 weeks diving & fishing off the waters there. The comfort level is second to none.

No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...