Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A Kelong off Tg Rimau, Sentosa at the Entrance of Keppel Bay

I had all but forgotten about this little kelong that was built just outside the entrance of Keppel Harbour. It lies West of Tg Rimau, the North-Western tip of the Island of Sentosa. Then it was called Pulau Belakang Mati. This picture brings back memories of the fishing village that was Singapore.

Behind the kelong is Fort Siloso. On the left is Tanjung Belayer where the 2 colonial bungalows still stand today.
  Kelongs were the idea trap for squids and small fish. They operate only at night as lights was used to lure the fish into the netted enclosure. I remember my many overnight visits to operational kelongs. It was always fun and exciting. 

No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...