Friday, June 17, 2016

Weird and wonderful days at the Andaman Islands - Delos

I first visited the Andaman Islands 25 years ago. It was a fascinating place that time had forgotten. I sailed there onboard a Naval LST (ex American Landing Ship Tank)  The main attraction at the town Port Blair was the old city Jail. There was a sight & sound presentation that was worth a visit. I just couldn't fathom it to be the main tourist attraction. The Andaman Islands is part of India and it shows. I revisited the Islands again in early 2000. Nothing much has changed in the way of progress. recently the infamous Sailing Yacht Delos sailed there and had quite an adventure. I found their video entertaining and educational. Port Blair has changed very little the last 25 years. Thank goodness.

      

No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...