Monday, November 2, 2015

Boat Handling Training - Certificate of Competence 2

The first time I conducted boat handling training 20 years ago, I loved it. The sun, the sea and the cool breeze. The sound of the engines , the smell of sea salt and the beautiful interiors of modern yachts all add to the allure of being out on the water. It has been sometime since I conducted formal boat handling in the Marinas. Now that I've been back at it again, I fondly remember how much I miss this life and the absolute freedom being out at sea gives.

onboard a Meridian 391 preparing for alongside drills

Visual checks on the trim tabs & trim of the Meridian 341

Stamping a Buoy before practicing alongside drills

Watch keeping and Navigation

Setting up the perimeters of the Garmin Chart Plotter

Conducting engine checks before starting the propulsion engines

Picking up a buoy to hone boat handling and boat maneuvering skills
 

No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...