Thursday, May 23, 2013

Time to go Fish the South China Sea Again

WF & Fred with the last Marlin we caught off Pulau Tioman

When it comes to sport fishing, nothing comes close to the thrill of having a Marlin on the line, especially if it's on a standard boat rod with live bait. Unlike trolling, where the Marlin may already have been tired out, I caught this Marlin off the Unjung (FAD) South East of Tioman Island. she swallowed a live Kembong and had plenty of stamina left in her. Fortunately for me she swam away from the Unjang and kept away through the fight. My policy is strictly catch & release for all bill fish species. This one was unfortunate as it had caught the attention of the commercial boat that owned the Unjang and he gently demanded to have the fish to feed his village. According to him, the Marlin would feed the village for a whole month. I was stuck and had no choice but to hand over the fish. Well I guess hungry families have to come first even over Marlins.
        




No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...