Tuesday, July 21, 2009


I've always wanted to journey by car to far off distant places, staring with countries in SEA Asia & China. I've told this to my wife Roslyn many a time and though she knows I'm serious about it, she always shruggs her shoulders believing that it won't happen too soon. Well I was at Susie's home for lunch a few days ago & I saw an article in May/Jun issue of Highway. There on 16 staring loudly at me in bold were the words "Drive of a Lifetime" Auto-Venture to China 4 to 26 Sep 2009. Wow! I read in disbelief of the drive adventure I had always dreamed about. It took me 5 mins to make up my mind that I wasn't going to miss this trip. So it was.... Roslyn & I were heading for Lijiang China on a 23 day journey. We signed up with AA S'pore paid for the trip and ready or not, China here we come....

No comments:

Overland drive from Singapore to Bangkok and back - 21 May to 2 Jun 2023

Every once in a while, I feel the need to break out of my mandane routine and drive up north. Short trips are usually to Genting Highlands o...